Interested in the Catholic faith?
RCIA stands for Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
Who comes to the RCIA?
- Persons who have never been baptized as Christians.
- Persons who have been baptized in another Christian faith tradition and are now interested in the Catholic tradition.
- Persons who were baptized in the Catholic tradition but were not raised as Catholics.
- Persons married to a Catholic who want to learn more about Catholic faith and life.
- Anyone interested in learning more about the Catholic Church.
How long does it take to become Catholic?
The RCIA is not a program; it is a process of preparation for the lifetime commitment that comes with becoming a Catholic. The length of preparation time is based on the individual’s experience. RCIA here at Blessed Sacrament is a year round process. One can start whenever they feel called to do so.
I think I'd like to begin, but I'm still hesitant.
For more information about the RCIA, or to learn more about the Catholic Church and what Catholics believe, please contact:
859-331-4302, ex 37