Office of Music Ministry
Music Director: Matt Spencer
The Office of Music Ministry is located in the Blees Center
Music Ministry Opportunities
- The Blessed Sacrament Chorale - This choir is the parish's mixed choir. Established in March of 2018, it is also the parish's newest and largest choir. The Chorale currently rehearses on Wednesday nights at 7:00PM in the choir loft (7:30PM During Lent). Membership is open to students in high school and adults. Members of this choir receive their own Choral Praise hymnal. Members of this choir also receive a free voice lesson during the slower summer months.
- Beginning Chorister "Bootcamp" - This is a lesson each week at 6:30PM before the Blessed Sacrament Chorale rehearsal on basic music concepts; for example, the basics of rhythm, or simple note reading. Other topics are included. This lesson takes place in the Blees Center Music room. (Enter through the back door of the Blees Center, up the steps, by the garage). The lesson lasts for about 20 minutes, then those present make their way to the church loft for BSChorale rehearsal at 7:00PM. During the lesson we apply these concepts to the music that we will be learning in the rehearsal. Those who come to these sessions have found them extremely helpful.
- George Higdon Choir- Primarily composed of female adults, the choir provides music for the Sunday, 9:30 a.m. Mass on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
- Men’s Choir - Composed of male adults, high school-age and older, the men’s choir provides music for various Masses throughout the year. In addition, the choir sings for other special liturgies, including Holy Days, Christmas, Lent and Easter. Rehearsals are 7:30 p.m., on Mondays.
- Bereavement Choir - Composed of those who wish to lead the congregational singing at parish funerals, usually at the 10:00 a.m. Mass, this choir does not have regular rehearsal times.
- Blessed Sacrament Children's Choirs - Open to students who attend Blessed Sacrament School, other local schools and those who are home schooled. On Mondays students in grades 4-5 rehearse, and on Tuesdays students in grades 6-8 rehearse. Early Arriving students work on homework from 2:30-3:15. All students who wish to serve as cantors should be in one of the choirs. All rehearsals (3:15-4:00) take place in the church. Students will be dismissed from Church. See below for permission forms.
- Cantors -Youth and adult cantors lead the assembly in the responsorial psalm, service music, and hymns. In addition, cantors read the announcements before Mass and announce hymns.
- Instrumentalists - Volunteer musicians are welcome to play an instrument (piano, guitar, brass, woodwinds, etc.) for various Masses.
- Hand Bell Choir - Contact Matt for more information.
- String Ensemble; Adult & Intermediate (grades 3-8) - String instrumentalist are encouraged to offer their talents to God. If you are a violin, viola, cello, or string bass player, please contact the String Ensemble Director, Barb Salzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for Children's Choir Permission form