Office of Music Ministry
Music Director: Daryn Radenheimer - 859-331-4302 ex 35
The Office of Music Ministry is located in the Blees Center
Music Ministry Opportunities
- Parish Choir (George Higdon Parish Choir)- Primarily composed of female adults, high school-age and older, the choir provides music for the Sunday, 9:30 a.m. Mass each week. In addition to weekly Masses, the choir sings for other special liturgies throughout the year, including Holy Days, Christmas, Lent and Easter. Rehearsals are 7:15 – 8:15 p.m. on Tuesdays, early September through May. No formal experience is needed – just a desire to assist in the worship of our God.
- Men’s Choir (Band of Brothers) - Composed of male adults, high school-age and older, the men’s choir provides music for various Masses throughout the year. In addition, the choir sings for other special liturgies, including Holy Days, Christmas, Lent and Easter. Rehearsals are 8:30 – 10:00 p.m., on Tuesdays prior to the upcoming Mass. No formal experience is needed – just a desire to assist in the worship of our God.
- Bereavement Choir - Composed of those who wish to lead the congregational singing at parish funerals, usually at the 10:00 a.m. Mass, this choir does not have regular rehearsal times.
- Blessed Sacrament Parish Youth Choir ("CrossFire") - Students who attend Blessed Sacrament School, other local schools and those who are homeschooled (grades 3-8) rehearse on Tuesdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the Undercroft. Snacks and drinks are provided from 2:30 – 3:00 p.m., and early-arriving students read or do homework. Singers may also cantor school and weekend Masses, beginning in 5th grade if attendance at Tuesday rehearsals has been consistent. In addition, the Children’s Choir performs in concerts and community events.
- Cantors -Youth and adult cantors lead the assembly in the responsorial psalm, service music, and hymns. In addition, cantors read the announcements before Mass and announce hymns.
- Instrumentalists - Volunteer musicians are welcome to play an instrument (piano, guitar, brass, woodwinds, etc.) for various Masses.
- Hand Bell Choir - Contact Daryn for more information
- String Ensemble; Adult & Intermediate (grades 3-8) - String instrumentalist are encouraged to offer their talents to God. If you are a violin, viola, cello, or string bass player, please contact the String Ensemble Director, Barb Salzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE for the Youth Choir Invitation Flyer
Click HERE for the Youth Choir Calendar of Events
Click HERE for the Cantor Agreement Form (grades 5-8)
Click HERE to sign-up for cantoring a school mass (grades 5-8)
Click HERE to sign-up for Youth Choir Snacks & Drinks
Click HERE for the Parish Choir Calendar of Events
Click HERE for the Men's Choir Calendar of Events