Welcome to Blessed Sacrament Parish
Blessed Sacrament Parish is a community of 1800 families located in the heart of Ft. Mitchell, KY. Many of our families have been parishioners for generations and have a deep love for the parish and surrounding community.
In an effort to make all people feel welcome, we offer the following:
- Gluten free hosts by request
- Handicap parking located to the left of the church, in front of the school
- Wheelchair ramp located at the left side entrance
- Space for wheelchairs located front, left of church
- Elevator to church located in the Undercroft entrance
Blessed Sacrament Church has had six pastors:
Reverend William Blees | 1916 to 1948
Reverend Monsignor Leo Streck | 1948 to 1971
Monsignor Elmer J. Grosser | 1971 to 1983
Reverend James E. Quill | 1983 to 1990
Reverend Albert E. Ruschman | 1990 to 1999
Reverend Daniel J. Vogelpohl | 1999 to Present
The construction of the present day church was complete in 1939. Lombardy-Romanesque in style, its beautiful art and architecture give glory to God and stand as a monument to the doctrine of the Real Presence of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament.
Over the years the Blessed Sacrament campus has gone through many renovations to meet the needs of our growing Catholic faith community. Highlights include the following.
- A total of 15 classrooms added to the original school building as well as a kindergarten, computer lab, and library
- Multi - Purpose Parish Center added to the lower level of the school
- Former convent building renovated to house parish offices and a small conference room. The building was renamed the Blees Center after our founding pastor.
- Renovation of church Undercroft, providing a beautiful location for large meetings, parish gatherings, receptions, etc.
- Elevator installed from the lower level of the Undercroft up into the church to provide ease of access